Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Ideology of taking a nap

 The other day I was out with AK47 and we were having semi philosophical discussion over chicken. Wait, that sentence is a bit akward. We were eating chicken while discussing high brow philosophy. As a side note, if you have never been to this place and you love chicken...yeah I think you get the picture.
 Somewhere between sharing our sexual experiences (with one another and other people) and string theory, we arrived at words of wisdom from our parents.
  The thoughts of Reginald Earl, my dad, went back to a time when he would say wild shit that never made sense until later in life. When I was 13 years old he told me to "keep a helmet on my head." I thought to myself, "hell I don't even like football," I'm a fair weather Cowboys fan at best. Now of course we all know what he meant. When AK 47 shared with me her father's dieing words they were profound.
"When you feel like you are about to fuck up, take a nap."
Nothing can come between me and chicken.Yet this ideology was better than chicken.  If it was possible Chicken and I would be wed in matrimony. Well, kinda, I mean I couldn't just marry ONE chicken because I would have that chicken for dinner. Talk about spousal abuse plus I would totally get away with it. Still my love for chicken can only be broken by a woman or my nicotine addiction.
TAKE A NAP
While digesting the meaning of the words all things became clear. These words of wisdom can be taken literally as in the case of Saturday night and wanting to save your money.

My Brain: I have to save money for college but I wanna party with the Space Boys.

I can see me doing one or two things.  I could crawl into my bed while cozing up to Freakonomics or I would instantly fall to the ground possibly injuring myself but with fatter pockets. Imagine a guy on his way to rob a bank falling asleep at the wheel. Well, ok, don't because that may imply he is on a highway when he decides he's about to fuck up.
  Applying the take a nap ideology to practically every substantial life decision is absolutely perfect. Withouth realizing it, I had applied this ideology countless times. When I was 16 years old I had to decide whether to join all the hopeless black teens in the drug trade.  We were fucking desperate and literally hungry. Everyone I knew sold drugs at one time or another. What was I suppose to do? I wasn't doing crime for the sake of doing crime? So, again I ask you what was I suppose to do?

 Take a nap!

 This was the  most crucial point in my life and had I not taken a nap, you would be possibly counting me among the young black bodies that filled the prison cells or back to whence one came. A simple ideology saved my fucking life!
 "Taking a nap" should be part of humanities psyche because it inches us closer to understanding ourselves and how we relate to one another. Maybe it is part of it but along the way we forgot it. If we could take a nap we could find a better way to tell our significant others that the dress they're wearing makes them look like a stack of tires. Or if our leaders would take a nap, we could possible become more diplomatic and postponed or stop wars all together.



2 comments:

  1. If you ever gotta tell me I look fat in a dress all you gotta say is "Michelin"!!! Lmao! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Reggie's Brain,
    Fuck College.
    Sincerely ,
    Jesus Jones

    ReplyDelete

Spam is not allowed!