Monday, February 21, 2011

Can a man say "He's a handsome dude?"

  The other night while in Zen Bar, I had a conversation about the differences between the sexes with the homies Kristen and CJ (the woman not CJ the guy).  You might be saying to yourself, "why the hell are you guys having conversations? Shouldn't you guys be partying?" Well, we had been there long enough to hear Empire State of Mind at least five times. At this point it had become only fitting to have a conversation about the debauchery going on around us.  We seemingly were the only people in the bar who were not drunk.  If we were researchers they, the drunkards, were the wild animals oblivious to us watching them have sex...so to speak.
  Speaking of sex, not the act of but what defines us biologically, Kristen made a great observation. Men, in general are more likely to describe a person of the same sex by using material assets as opposed to their female counterparts(I used "their" as if I am not a man..kinda weird). Women in general will describe a person of the same sex by using physical attributes. I'm not sure but I'm almost positive that both sexes use personality traits to describe the same sex.
  Throughout our night/morning of decadence Kristen made a key observation after one of our friends was hit on by a gay guy.  Why don't men take it as a compliment when a guy of the same sex hits on us?  I remember a gay guy hitting on me in a bar.  I mean this guy and I talked the night away. I mean we talked about sports, ethnicity, more sports, American foreign policy and again more sports. All the shit guys talk about. So at the end of the night he grabs my thigh and whispers in my ear, rather seductively, I love black guys.  I was shocked and I could also see that dude was serious...So I did what Kevin Spacey did in the movie American Beauty and simply responded, "I'm sorry but I think your mistaken, I'm not gay." Then he proceeded to give me the "fuck you bitch" facial expression (How do women deal with this). After all those drink he bought me I totally was like yeah I'm not gay.
  I never want to ever kiss a man on the lips unless he is my blood relative but then again I never want to kiss anybody on the lips unless she is of the opposite sex and unrelated.  I wonder though why did I responded in this fashion rather than beat the fuck outta him. I learned a few things that night. Stereotypes are often wrong (unless we're talking about black people and menthal cigarettes).  Gay guys love "guy" shit too! Wait that sounds weird plus I shouldn't have used the exclamation mark. Gay guys are interested in the same topics as straight guys.  And that I had become perfectly secure with my own sexuality. Still how many guys would have beat the fuck outta that guy?

2 comments:

  1. I was boozing with a few friends at the local pub when out of no where (even though he was standing on the bar) a gay man reached down and mussed my hair while he exclaimed, "It's so fluffy!" I really don't remember exactly what I said to him but I think it was a simple, "I'm not gay and if you touch my head again I'm going to toss you off this fucking bar." He stared at me in mild horror and went back to shaking his ass. I don't think I was too harsh but now, 3 years later, I might have just said, "Sorry, I'm not gay, but thanks for noticing my magnificent fluff." Maybe even buy him a drink for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply would have said "you have great taste, thanks for the beers, and I"M OUT!"

    ReplyDelete

Spam is not allowed!