Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Danny Green

Danny Green
Behind the Scenes of what I can remember
I didn't take this Photo. Somebody gets the credit here________
Me, Joe with the red glasses, Saul Goode, Pistol Pete and if you squint Black Moss


  I told my co worker that I was going to a party slash video shoot last weekend. She looked at me as if to say "what the fuck does that entail?". She was right. What does that even mean? It's either a party or a video shoot. Or a video shoot that looks like a party but not really because nobody is drunk. Hell, I don't consider it a party until somebody purposely breaks shit. Not in a party foul kind of way but breaks shit with authority.
  
I had to go because for one, I was down the street from his house and two I have a man crush on the rapper Saul Goode a third of the rap trio (just in case you don't understand a third) Part Time Cooks. Ok, so maybe the reason is more of the latter. It was also a belated  birthday shindig for Saul that started at 12 in the afternoon. I don't know about you but I don't trust people that start parties around 12. Makes me feel like they are financially stable. As it relates to time, I'm stereotypically black. My black ass showed up six hours later because ain't nobody got time for 12 p.m. starts.

I took this picture.
I walked in to a portrait of a pink, four eyed Lebron James. The creepy thing wasn't that he was pink or that he seemed to be hiding behind the air conditioner. But that whoever drew him gave an accurate depiction of his hairline. Damn Lebron! Just go ahead and join the bald headed club why dontcha! Still the scene at Saul's apartment was way to clean for there to have been a party. Then I walked upstairs to the turn up.  I knew it was turnt because my homegirl was passed out on the bed. When I went to say hi she gave me the fingers. I think she might have mumbled turn up as well. Not exactly sure though.

I walked out onto the rooftop and I met the second third of Part Time Cooks, Black Moss. He is probably the one dude outside of the rapper Common that vaguely looks like me. Black Moss introduced himself to me as Blessing. Which went something like this:
"What's up brotha, I'm Reggie."
"How are you? Oh yeah, I think we've met before. Blessing, Blessing." 

I wasn't sure if he was greeting me or telling me his name. I don't think of myself as a blessing to people but he definitely boosted my self-esteem. It didn't help that he was cooler than E Mutha Fucka. Later on someone asked if I had seen Blessing and I turned to a white guy (who had also heard the question and whose name was actually Guy) and asked if he was Blessing.

It was a full fledged roof top party complete with  DJ Scotty Seoul and people dressed in green. It must have been St. Patrick's day or I was kinda drunk. The Final third of Part Time Cooks was Joe Rollins climbing up a ladder to help the director of the video Jake Hanus. The crowd on the roof gasp and he let out an "oh shit!" as he almost fell off the ladder. Let's just say if he would have fell he would have died really bad. 
  
After a couple of hours I found myself standing in front of the camera next to Saul Goode rapping backwards and pouring out what in my mind was champaign. You know, for the dead homies and to relive a 90's rap video. Joe Rollins the man that cheated death, was taking off his clothes behind us. It wasn't an Atlanta strip club but hell, it was cool for the video. The next thing I know Saul was lost in the crowd of people behind him. While shirts, hats and Korean money (bills and coins) were flying around. It was chaos and it hurt.

At the end of the night wind blew a ten thousand dollar camera light and broke while an Australian kid was getting his hair buzzed and just random shit that didn't make sense. 



By the way Saul, if you or your roommate is reading this, What the fuck is Propofol? Isn't that the shit that killed the leader of the Jackson Five? And why is it censoring Japanese anime? I'm all about pixelation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam is not allowed!